About Paul Peters
Paul Peters is a partner and lawyer at AKD who specialises in corporate law and bankruptcies. His clients include insurers, investors and financiers (mortgage providers, lease companies) who use Paul’s services whenever they have to deal with people or companies in (financial) difficulties.
Paul also help companies with their dealings with financiers and bankruptcy trustees. In addition to this he supports directors, supervisory directors, supervisory bodies and liability insurers in disputes with, for example, companies and foundations (such as housing associations).
Paul's clients include Centraal Beheer Achmea, Value Enhancement Partners, Dura Vermeer, Crowe Horwath Peak and various Dutch local authorities. His challenge is to act on their behalf in order to prevent and limit the scope of any damages wherever possible. A major contribution to achieving this goal is the professional legal advice he provides.
Paul and is regularly appointed as a trustee in bankruptcy cases. These differ considerably in scope and this means that he has wide-ranging experience with bankruptcies at all levels, from large to small. Examples of bankruptcy cases which Paul supervised as a trustee are:
- Hoogewerf De Rijke Seaport (HRS)
- RDM Technology
- RDM Submarines
- SS Rotterdam
- SHB (Rotterdamse Havenpool)
- Stichting Ontwikkelingsmaatschappij IJsselmonde (OMIJ)
- Royal Imtech N.V.
On top of this Paul is active as a member of the board and lecturer at the following organisations:
- board member (secretary) of SBV Excelsior Rotterdam;
- lecturer at Radboud University Nijmegen – Centre for Postgraduate Education;
- lecturer at the Dutch Foundation of Chartered Accountants [Stichting Register Accountants];
- lecturer at the Academy of Legal Practice [Academie voor de Rechtspraktijk];
- guest lecturer at Leiden University.
He also works as an editor and co-author of various leading legal publications and books.