AKD advises Alcadon Group AB on its acquisition of 6X International

December 14, 2021

AKD has acted as legal counsel to Alcadon Group AB in connection with its acquisition of 80% of the shares in 6X International BV. The acquisition includes a call and put option for the remaining 20%.

Alcadon Group AB, a Swedish listed company, has been a leading supplier of products for data and telecommunications solutions since 1988. The Group is active in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Germany.

Founded in 1991, 6X International is a Belgian value-add distributor specialising in fibre optic components and complete system solutions. The company is present in several segments such as FTTx/telecom, datacenters, cabling and industrial solutions with customers such as installation companies, system integrators, network operators and datacentres. Furthermore, 6X International has long-term relations with several well renowned manufacturers.

AKD was engaged as local counsel and worked closely together with Kanter, a Swedish independent business law firm based in Stockholm.  AKD’s deal team consisted of Timothy Speelman, Nathalie Locht, Julien Hick, Heleen Franco, Steven Ongena and Pol Cools. Deloitte Legal acted as counsel to 6X International.