About Keesjan Meijering
Keesjan Meijering is a partner and lawyer at AKD, where he is on the Energy sector team. His practice focuses on energy projects, with a particular focus on land-based solar and wind projects and heating and hydrogen grids, as well as area development. He specialises in energy and contract law, advising local and higher authorities, developers and housing associations.
Recent projects in which Keesjan has been involved include:
- Pilot area Terheijden: a project in which a municipality and a citizen's cooperative joined forces in realising a heating grid, a solar farm and a wind turbine, among other things
- Valkenhorst: a project involving the Dutch government and a municipal executive in plans to build a residential area on the former marine air base, Valkenburg, over the next 15-20 years
- Pilot area ‘Stad aan 't Haringvliet’: a project in which a municipality and citizens, energy producers and suppliers, a housing association and grid operator work together to heat residential houses using green hydrogen
- Zwijdrecht Stationskwartier district: a project in which a municipality and several parties, including a housing association, have joined forces to redevelop the Stationskwartier district into a bustling urban city centre area
- Heating grid Meerwijk (Schalkwijk): a project in which a municipality, a grid operator, a supplier and three housing associations are working to create a collective and communal heating grid
- Bollendonk Solar Park: a project in which Statkraft and a municipality, an energy cooperative and an educational centre collaborate to convert an old landfill site into a solar park, creating an area where biodiversity (and education on biodiversity) has been given a huge boost
Keesjan is also a member of the Law & Regulation Programme Council of the Stichting Warmtenetwerk foundation, and a member of the advisory board of eCoBuren energy cooperative. He is a prolific author on topics relating to the energy transition and regularly teaches (in-house) courses about this theme.